Some movies and programs are not rated. You can block these movies
and programs using the V-Chip.
To bmock unrated movies or programs:
1. Press MENU, then press 4 or P to display the OPTION menu.
2. Press ,A or V to highlight V-CHIR
3. Press _ or _ to display the V-CHIP menu.
4. Use the Channel Number buttons (0-9) to enter your PUNcode.
If you are accessing the V-Chip menus for the first time, select a
four-digit number to be your PIN code. Press ENTER.
The BLOCKING menu appears.
5. Press _ or V to highlight BLOCKING OPTION.
6. Press ,,_or _ to display the BLOCKING OPTION menu.
7. Press ,A or V to highlight MPAA UNRATED.
o Press 4 or _ to highlight ON to block unrated movies.
o Press 4 or I_ to highlight OFF to unblock unrated movies.
8. Press _, or V to highlight TV NONE RATING.
o Press _ or _ to highlight ON to b!ock programs with a rating of
"TV NONE." When you select ON, the message "NOTICE:
ENABLING THIS OPTION MAY BLOCK EMERGENCY
o Press _ or _ to highlight OFF to unblock programs with a rating
of "TV NONE."
9. Press EXIT to return to normal viewing.
the LOCK menu
The LOCK menu incIudes the CH LOCK, VIDEO LOCK, GAME TIMER,
and NEW PIN CODE functions.
"Youcan use these functions after entering the correct PIN code. (This
PIN code is the same one selected under "Selecting a PIN code" on
With the CH LOCK feature, you can lock specific channels. You will not
be able to tune locked channels unless you clear the setting. You can
choose to lock up to nine TV channels and nine cable channels.
To lock channeBs:
1. Use the Channel Number buttons (0-9) to display the television
channel you wish to lock.
2. Press MENU, then press _ or _ to display the OPTION menu.
3. Press A or V to highlight LOCK.
4. Press _ or I_ to display the LOCK menu.
5. Use the Channel Number buttons (0-9) to enter your PIN code,
then press ENTER. The LOCK menu
6. Press A or V to highlight CH LOCK
and press _ or _ to display the CH
7. Press _ or _ to select the following:
o SET- to set the channel as one to be
locked. Then press ENTER.
o CLEAR- to clear all channels from the
list of locked channels. Then press
8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 to Iock other
channels. When you are finished
locking channels, press EXIT to return
to normal viewing.
If you try to tune a locked channel, the TV
wilI not dispiay it, but will display the nearest
Blocking television programs with a rating of
"TV NONE" may block emergency messages.
CH LOCK, change
channels before tuming off the television.
1/24/04, 3:36 PM