To use the V-Chip to bmock programs by rating:
1, Press MENU, then press _ or _ to display the OPTION menu=
2. Press _ or V to highlight V-CHIR
3. Press _ or _ to dispiay the V-CHIP menu=
4. Use the Channet Number buttons (0-9) to enter your PIN code=
If you are accessing the V-Chip menus for the first time, select a
four-digit number to be your PIN code= Press ENTER=
The BLOCKING menu appears=
NEW PIN CODE
5. Press A or V to highlight ENABLE BLOCKING.
• Press .,_or _ to highlight ON to enable V-Chip program blocking
• Press 4 or _ to highlight OFF to disable V-CNp program blocking
6. Press ,A or V to highlight SET RATING. Then, press _ or _,,to
display the SET RATING menu=
Y7FV Y7 Y
V-CHIP t_ ENU
7, Press A or V to highIight MPAA Rating, "Youth TV Rating or
individual TV Ratings.
8. Press _ or _ to seIect the ratings that wiII be blocked. BIocked
ratings are signified by a red "X/' Unbtocked ratings are signified by
a green ",/." As you block ratings, all ratings higher than the ones
you select are blocked, as well. For example, if you choose to
block the MPAA rating R, the higher ratings NC17 and X are
automatica!ly blocked too.
9. When you are done selecting the ratings to be blocked, press
EXIT to return to normaI viewing.
When you try to view a program with a ratings biock, a message will
appear listing the program's ratings. The program can still be viewed if
you press MUTE and then enter your PIN code to temporarily
Not aft programs are rated. To block programs
or movies that are unrated, see "Blocking
unrated me vies or programs, "page 22.
1/24/04, 3:36 PM