1. Drain t he oil a s
instruction p reviouslyinthis section.
Removetheoil filter. Disposeof the old oil filter properly.
Lube gasketof newoil filter with cleanoil.
the sealingsurfaceof thecrankcasecover,thentightenthe oil
filter,10-12Nm (88.5-106.2 in-lb),1/2-3/4turn.
Add oil as previouslyinstructed.
Start and run engine. Checkfor leaks.
Stopengine. Waita few minutesand checkthe oil level. See
CheckingTheOil Levelin the Assemblysectionof this manual.
iMPORTANT: Be sureto checkengineon a levelsurfacewith the
1. Wipe around dipstick cap and tube with a clean cloth to
remove any debris. See Fig. 22.
Donot use _ressurized air or solventstoclean theair cleaner
If filters,or coversare notinstalled correctlyseriousinjuryor death
could resultfrom backfire.Do not attemptto startthe enginewith
IMPORTANT: Neverrun the enginewithoutthe air filter.Rapid
Unscrewthethumb screwsand removethe air filter cover.See
2. Remove dipstick and wipe clean with a cloth.
3. Pour oil into the dipstick tube. Do not over fill. With an oil
filter change the high level amount of oil for this engine is
1700 ml (57.48 fl-oz.).
4. Install dipstick and turn to locked position
5. Start engine. Allow to run for a few seconds and then shut
down the engine.
6. Check the oil level. See Checking Oil Level in the Assembly
section of this manual.
Air Filter Service
Paperfilterscannotbe cleanedand shouldbe replacedevery 100
operatinghours;moreoften if usedin extremelydusty conditions.
Removethe air filter.See Fig. 24.
Neverusegasolineor lowflash point solventsfor cleaningthe air filter
element.A fire or explosioncould result.