MAYTAG ®MAJOR APPLIANCE WARRANTY
For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or
furnished with the product, Maytag brand of Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP (hereafter "Maytag") will pay for factory
specified parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship.
Service must be provided by a Maytag designated
service company. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States or Canada and applies only when the major appliance is used
in the country in which it was purchased.
Outside the 50 United States and Canada, this limited warranty does not apply. Proof of
original purchase date is required to obtain service under this limited warranty.
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or
repair house fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
2. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable
parts are excluded from warranty
3. Repairs when your major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family
household use or when it is used in a manner that is
contrary to published user or operator instructions
and/or installation instructions.
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in
with electrical or plumbing codes, or use of consumables
or cleaning products not approved by Maytag.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage
results from defects in materials or workmanship
and is reported to Maytag within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Any food loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Costs associated with the removal from your home of your major appliance for repairs. This major appliance is designed to be
repaired in the home and only in-home service is covered by this warranty.
8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications
made to the appliance.
9. Expenses for travel and transportation
for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an
authorized Maytag servicer is not available.
10. The removal and reinstallation
of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible
location or is not installed in accordance
with published installation instructions.
11. Major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be easily determined. This warranty
is void if the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed from your major appliance.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances
shall be borne by the customer.
OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES;
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED
HEREIN. IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. MAYTAG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL
DAMAGES. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
OR FITNESS, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES
YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized Maytag dealer to determine if another warranty applies.
In the U.S.A.:
Maytag Brand Home Appliances
Customer eXperience Center
553 Benson Road
Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
Please include a daytime phone number in your correspondence.
For additional product information, in the U.S.A., visit www.maytag.com
In Canada, visit www.maytag.ca
If you do not have access to the Internet and you need assistance using your product or you would like to schedule service, you may
contact Maytag at the number below.
Have your complete model number ready. You can find your model number and serial number on the label, located on the inside wall of
the ice maker compartment.
For assistance or service in the U.S.A., call 1-800-688-9900.
In Canada, call 1-800-807-6777.
If you need further assistance, you can write to Maytag with any questions or concerns at the address below:
Maytag Brand Home Appliances
Customer eXperience Centre
200 - 6750 Century Ave.
Please keep this User Instructions and model number information for future reference.