ARNING: This symbol points out important s afety instructions w hich, ifnot followed, could endanger the
personal safety and/or property of yourself and others. Read and follow all instructions i n this manual before
attempting to operate this machine. Failureto comply with these instructions m ay result in personal injury.
When you see this symbol- heed itswarning.
ARNING: Engine Exhaust, some of its constituents, and certain vehicle components contain or emit
chemicals known to State of Californiato cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductiveharm.
DANGER: This machine was built to be operated according to the rules for safe operation in this manual.
As with any type of powerequipment, carelessnessor error on the part of the operator can result in
serious injury. This machine is capable of amputating hands and feet and throwing objects. Failureto
observe the following safety instructions could result in serious injury or death.
1. Read,understand,and followall instructionson the machineand
in the manual(s)beforeattemptingto assembleandoperate.Keep
this manualin a safe placefor futureand regularreferenceand for
orderingreplacement p arts.
2. Be familiarwith all controlsand properoperation.Knowhowto stop
the machineand disengagethemquickly.
3. Neverallowchildrenunder 16 yearsto operatethis machine.
Children,16 years and over,shouldread and understandinstruc-
tions and safetyrules in this manualand shouldbe trainedand
4. Neverallowadultsto operatethis machinewithoutproperinstruc-
5. Manyaccidentsoccur whenmorethan one personoperatesthe
machine.If a helper is assistingin loadinglogs, neveractivatethe
controluntil the helperis a minimumof 10 feetfrom the machine.
6. Keepbystanders,helpers,pets,and childrenat least20 feet from
the machinewhileit is in operation.
7. Neverallowanyoneto ride on this machine.
8. Nevertransportcargoon this machine.
9. Hydrauliclog splittersdevelophigh fluid pressuresduringopera-
tion. Fluidescapingthrougha pin hole openingcan penetrate your
skin and causeblood poisoning,gangrene,or death.Giveattention
to the followinginstructionsatall times:
a. Donotcheck forleakswithyourhand.
b. Donotoperate machine w ithfrayed, k inked, cracked, o r damaged
hoses, f itting, o r tubing.
c. Stoptheengine andrelieve hydraulic s ystem pressure before changing
or adjusting f ittings,hoses, t ubing, o rothersystem components.
d. Donotadjust t hepressure settings ofthepumpor valve.
10.Leakscan be detectedby passingcardboardor wood,while
wearingprotectiveglovesand safetyglasses,overthe suspected
area.Lookfor discolorationof cardboardor wood.
11.If injuredby escapingfluid, seea doctor immediately. S erious
infectionor reactioncan developif propermedicaltreatmentis not
12.Keep the operatorzone andadjacentarea clearfor safe,secure
13.If your machineis equippedwith an internalcombustionengine
and it is intendedfor use nearany unimproved forest,brush,or
grass coveredland,the engineexhaustshouldbe equippedwith a
spark arrester.Make sureyoucomplywith applicablelocal,state,
14.Thismachineshouldbe usedfor splittingwoodonly,do notuse it
for any otherpurpose.
15.Followthe instructionsin the manual(s)providedwith any
attachment(s)for this machine.
1. Alwayswearsafety shoesor heavyboots.
2. Alwayswearsafety glassesor safetygogglesduring operatingthis
3. Neverwearjewelryor looseclothingthat might becomeentangled
in movingor rotatingpartsof the machine.
4. Make suremachineis on levelsurfacebeforeoperating.
5. Alwaysblock machineto preventunintendedmovement, a nd lock
in eitherhorizontalor verticalposition.
6. Alwaysoperatethis machinefrom the operatorzone(s)specifiedin
7. Logs shouldbe cut with squareendsprior to splitting.
8. Use log splitter in daylightor undergood artificiallight.
9. Toavoid personalinjuryor propertydamageuseextremecare in
handlinggasoline.Gasolineis extremelyflammableand the vapors
are explosive.Seriouspersonalinjurycanoccur whengasolineis
spilledon yourselfor yourclotheswhich can ignite.Wash yourskin
a. Useonlyan approved g asoline container.
b. Extinguish a ll cigarettes, cigars, p ipes, a ndothersources ofignition.
c. Never f uelmachine indoors.
d. Never r emove gascapor addfuelwhiletheengine ishotor running.
e. Allowengine tocoolatleasttwominutes beforerefueling.