When You Need Service
Unplug before servicing.
Failure to do so can result in
death or electrical shock.
Please read the following
calling your service center.
1. The Stand Mixer may warm up
during use. Under heavy loads with
extended mixing time periods, you
may not be able to comfortably
touch the top of the unit. This is
2. The Stand Mixer may emit a
pungent odor, especiallywhen new.
This is common with electric motors.
3. If the flat beater hits the bowl,
stop the Stand Mixer. See "Beater
to Bowl Clearance," page 7.
If your Stand Mixer should
or fail to operate,
please check the following:
- Is the Stand Mixer plugged in?
- Is the fuse in the circuit to the Stand
Mixer in working order? If you have
a circuit breaker box, be sure the
circuit is closed.
- Turn the Stand Mixer off for 10-15
seconds, then turn it back on. If the
mixer still does not start, allow it to
cool for 30 minutes before turning it
- If the problem is not due to one of
the above items, see "Service