It is recommended
that the vent system be installed before
range hood is installed.
If you are installing the optional backsplash, follow the
included with that product.
Before making cutouts, make sure there is proper clearance
within the ceiling or wall for exhaust vent.
Check that all installation parts have been removed from the
2. Determine which venting method to use: roof or wall exhaust.
3. Select a flat surface for assembling the range hood. Place
covering over that surface.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
4. Using 2 or more people, lift range hood onto covered surface.
Range Hood Mounting
The range hood is attached to the wall with the wood support
that is attached to the back of the range hood.
1. Determine and mark the centerline on the wall where the
canopy range hood will be installed.
2. Select a mounting height "X" between a minimum of
24" (61 cm) from electric cooking surfaces or 30" (76.2 cm)
from gas cooking surfaces, and a suggested maximum of
36" (91.4 cm), above the cooking surface and the bottom of
the range hood and mark a horizontal reference line on the
3. Remove the wood support from the back of the range hood
by loosening the 2 screws from the inside. Locate and level
the top of the wood support 153/8 '' (39.1 cm) above the
marked horizontal line and centered on the vertical centerline.
Using 2 - 4 of the 6 x 80 mm screws, install wood support so
that it is screwed into at least 2 vertical studs.
A. Wood support
B. Bottom of range hood
D. Dimension "X" = range
hood mounting height
NOTE: The screws provided for mounting this range hood
must be fastened into solid wood; do not fasten into sheet
1. Determine and make all necessary cuts in the wall or roof for
the vent system. Install the vent system before installing the
range hood. See the "Venting Requirements"
2. Determine the location where the power supply cable will be
run through the wall.
3. Drill a 1_A" (3.2 cm) hole at this location.
4. Pull enough power supply cable through the wall to allow for
easy connection to the terminal box.
5. Install the 10" (25.4 cm) square x 10" (25.4 cm) round vent
transition with damper to top or rear of the range hood
(depending on your installation), using 4 - 3.5 x 9.5 mm
screws. Remove the damper from the vent transition when
mounting to the rear of the range hood.
NOTE: There is a 8%" (22.2 cm) flat cover plate mounted on
the rear panel of the range hood. It must cover the exhaust
opening in the rear panel of the range hood for top venting or
be removed and reinstalled to cover the exhaust opening in
the top panel for rear venting.