lectric Oven Safety
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your
appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol.
This symbol alerts you to hazards that can kill or hurt you and others.
All safety messages will be preceded by the safety alert symbol and the
word "DANGER" or "WARNING," These words mean:
You will be killed or seriously injured
if you don't follow instructions.
You can be killed or seriously injured
If you don't follow instructions.
All safety messages will identify the hazard, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury,
and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of fire,
electrical shock, injury to persons, or
damage when using the oven, follow basic
precautions, including the following:
• Proper Installation - Be sure the oven is
properly installed and grounded by a
• Never Use the Oven for Warming or
Heating the Room.
• Do Not Leave Children Alone - Children
should not be left alone or unattended
in area where oven is in use. They
should never be allowed to sit or stand
on any part of the oven.
• Wear Proper Apparel-
hanging garments should never be worn
while using the oven.
• User Servicing - Do not repair or
replace any part of the oven unless
in the manu-
al. All other servicing should be referred
to a qualified technician.
• Storage in Oven - Flammable materials
should not be stored in an oven.
• Do Not Use Water on Grease Fires -
Smother fire or flame or use dry chemical
or foam-type extinguisher.
• Use Only Dry Potholders - Moist or damp
potholders on hot surfaces may result in
burns from steam. Do not let potholder
touch hot heating elements. Do not use a
towel or other bulky cloth.
• Use Care When Opening Door-
air or steam escape before removing 'or
• Do Not Heat Unopened Food Containers
- Build-up of pressure may cause
container to burst and result in injury.
• Keep Oven Vent Ducts Unobstructed.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS