Solutions to Common Problems
i ;! i ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii ii i
Before you carl for service,
review the following list. It may save you time & expense. The list includes
common occurrences that are not the result of defective workmanship or materials in this appliance.
• Cooktop controls are locked. Set the cooktop controls to unlock the
Cooktop (See p. 9 for further instructions).
• Make sure household electrical circuit breaker is ON and that power
is properly supplied to the Cooktop.
• Service wiring not complete. Contact installation agent or dealer.
• Power outage. Check house lights to be sure. Call local electric
turns off while
Cooktop internal heat sensor has detected high temperatures inside
the appliance. Be sure the appliance vent holes are not blocked,
(Refer to the Installation
with the cooktop
for more detailed cooktop
Fluids spilled or object lying on controls area of cooktop. Clean spills
or remove object. Repower cooktop.
Cooking zone had been used with dry pot at a high power level. Wait
for the cooking zone to cool down.
Cooking zone does not
Cooking zone heats
food too hot or not hot
• No cookware was placed on the Cooking Zone or the cookware
material type is incorrect for Induction Cooking.
• Cookware bottom not large enough for Cooking Zone.
• Cookware is warped or in poor condition.
• Cookware is not centered on Cooking Zone.
• Cookware resting on cooktop trim or does not rest completely on
• No power to the appliance. Check steps under"Entire
not operate" in this checklist.
- Incorrect Cooking Zone control setting. Make sure the correct control
is ON for the Cooking Zone being used. Make sure the cooktop is
• Lightweight or warped pans were used. Be sure to use good quality
• Use only flat bottom, evenly balanced
medium or heavyweight
cookware. Heavy and medium weight pans heat evenly. Because
lightweight pans heat unevenly, foods may burn more easily (See
pages 7-8 for further information).
• Adjust Cooking Zone power leve_ setting until the proper amount of
heat is obtained.
• Many factors affect cooking results. Adjust the recipe's recommended
power levels or cooking times.
• Cookware istoo lightweight orwarped. Use heawer quality cookware
so foods being prepared may cook more evenly.