Use the drying
rack to dry items which
not be tumbled.
Cycle Signal Control
When the Cycle Signal Control isON, a signal will sound atthe end of each cycle and
during the Press Saver setting (some models). The volume is adjustable on some
Drum Light (some models)
A drum light will come on whenever the door isopened to illuminate the dryer drum
during loading and unloading. Closing the door turns off the light.
Rack (some models)
Use the drying rack to dry items which should not be tumble dried.
Open the dryer door and remove the lint screen.
Insert drying rack intothe dryer drum. Placethe front bar under the lip of the lint
Place items to be dried on top of rack. Weight should not exceed I0 Ibs. Leave
space between items, but do not let items hang over the sides or through the
grids. Do not tumble other items when using the drying rack.
Select a timed dry setting best suited for items being dried. Use only the Air Fluff
(rio heat) temperature setting for items containing plastic, foam rubber, rubber-
like materials, feathers or down.
When items are dry, remove the rack and replace the lint screen. If lint screen
is not in place, tumbling items could enter the exhaust system and cause damage
to the dryer.
Many drying problems involve poor cleaning results, poor soil and stain removal, residues of lint and scum, and fabric damage.
For satisfactory drying results, follow these suggestions provided by The Soap and Detergent Association.
*Fabric softener stqeet.
*Rub fabric softener stains with bar
Rinse and rewastq.
(Fibers break off,
ball up and cling
• Add a few bath towels to small loads for proper
• Some "silk-like"
fabrics should be air dried.
• Use proper drying temperature.
• Place fabric softener sheet on top of load before
starting the dryer.
. Overdrying causes static
*Lint screen not clean when
*Lint is attached to "pills."
*Reduce load size and rewash using
liquid fabric softener in the final rinse.
*Or, add a fabric softener sheet and
*Use lint brush or roller to remove lint.
• Do not overload dryer.
• Use fabric softener in washer or dryer to reduce
• Remove items when they are slightly damp to
• Check that lint screen is clean and in place.
*Pilling is normal with
synthetic and permanent
press fabrics. This is due to
*Leaving items in dryer after
*Use a lint brush or shaver to remove
*Reduce load size and tumble at
medium or low heat for 5-10 minutes.
*Remove items immediately.
• Use fabric softener to lubricate fibers.
• When ironing, use spray starch or fabric finish on
collars and cuffs.
• Turn items inside out to reduce abrasion.
• Follow fabric care label directions.
• If shrinking is a concern, check load often.
• Remove items while slightly damp.
• Block knits into shape.
• Lay flat to complete drying.
• Do not overload dryer.
• Remove items as soon as cycle ends.