Try the solutions suggested here first in order to avoid the cost of an unnecessary service call.
Nothing will operate
Is the cooktop wired properly? See the Installation
Instructions for more information.
Has a household
fuse blown, or has a circuit breaker
Replace the fuse or reset the circuit.
will not operate
Is the cooktop control set correctly? Touch ©N/©FF before
selecting a setting.
On ceramic glass models, is the "ALL OFF LOCKED"
Cooktop Lockout set? See "ALL ©FF" or "L©CKED"
Excessive heat around cookware
Is the cookware the proper size? Use ceekware abeut the
same size as the surface cooking area, element or surface
burner. Cookware should not extend more than 1" (2.5 cm)
outside the cooking area.
has flashing lights
Are there lights on the cooktop flashing on and off?
1. Make sure the cooktop controls are OFF.
2. Clean the cooktop touch control panel thoroughly. See
3. If the cooktop lights continue to flash, disconnect
or unplug the cooktop.
4. After a few seconds, reconnect power or plug in the
5. If the lights continue to blink on and off, call for service.
cooking results not what expected
Is the proper cookware being used? See "Cookware"
Is the cooktop touch control set to the proper heat level?
See "Cooktop Touch Controls" section.
Is the appliance
level? Level the appliance. See the