• 1-o operate your VCR, point the Genius remote at the remote sensor of the VCR.
The Genius remote is designed
to operate different
types of VCR's. You must first prog_afll the Genius remote
to match the remote system of your VCR (Refer to Table 1 on page 26).
(1) Turn ON your VCR.
(2) Set the Multi-Page select switch on the Genius remote to VCR.
(3) AIM the Genius remote at the front of your VCR.
(4) While holding down the SELECT button, press the button that matches your VCR as shown on page 26. The channels
on the VCR will begin changing after 5 seconds when the correct button is pressed. When this happens the Genius Remote
control is programmed for your VCR. If the VCR channels do not change after 5 seconds, try a different Genius Remote
(5) Release both buttons when the VCR begins to change channels. The precoded VCR buttons will now control your VCR.
• If your VCR cannot be operated after performing the above procedure, the codes have not been precoded into the
Genius remote control and it will not be able to operate your VCR.
• You will only have to program your remote control to match your VCR once. The remote will remember the codes
until you replace the batteries.
• Whenever you install or replace batteries in the Genius remote, you must reprogram the Genius remote to match
the remote system of your VCR.
• When operating your TV or a cable box, remember to set the Multi-Page select switch to the proper position.
• Refer to the instruction manual for the VCR to operate buttons exclusively for the VCR.
• Be sure to keep the original remote control for the VCR even if you use the Hitachi Genius remote to control your VCR.