BEAT CUT (AM and LW only)
• If beat noise is audible during the recording from an AM radio programme, set the
switch  from [A] to [B] or from [B] to [A] to reduce the noise.
TAPE RECORDER SECTION
Use only NORMAL tapes in the cassette deck of this sound system. The characteris-
tics of the cassette deck mechanisms do not match other types of tape.
REWIND (1) AND FAST FORWARD (¡) BUTTONS
To rewind the tape, press the REW button . To rapidly advance the tape, press the
F.FWD button . To stop rewinding or fast forwarding, press the STOP/EJECT button
PAUSE BUTTON (8)
To halt the tape temporarily during recording or playback, press the PAUSE button . To
release the pause mode, press the PAUSE button  again.
STOP/EJECT BUTTON (7
When this button  is pressed with the tape running, the tape stops. When it is pressed in
the stop mode, the cassette door opens.
CD PLAYER SECTION
4 AND ¢ BUTTONS
By pressing the ¢  or 4  buttons, you can skip to a next or previous title, or you
can select a track before starting playback.
A. During PLAY
– You can skip to the next track by pressing the ¢ button once. If you want to skip more
than one track, press the ¢ button more than once until the display shows the desired
– If you want to repeat the running title from the beginning, press the 4 button once. If
you want to repeat one of the previous titles, press the 4 button more than once until
the display shows the required track number.
– Press and hold ¢ or 4 button on the front panel during play, and the CD player will
start search. The player will start play when you release the button.
B. In position STOP
– In position STOP with a CD inserted you can select the desired title using the ¢ or 4
button until the display shows the required track number. Press PLAY/PAUSE button
 to start playback.