. IMPORTANT SAFE-
Read All Instructions
1) SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
-This manual contains important
safety and operating instructions
for battery charger EY0L81.
) Before using battery charger, read
all instructions and cautionary
markings on battery charger, bat-
tery pack, and product using battery
3) CAUTION -To reduce the risk of in-
jury, charge only Panasonic Battery
pack as shown in last page. Other
types of batteries may burst causing
personal injury and damage.
4) Do not expose charger and battery
pack to rain or snow or use in damp
5) To reduce risk of damaging the
electric plug and cord, pull by plug
rather than cord when disconnect-
6) Make sure cord is located so that it
will not be stepped on, tripped over,
or otherwise subjected to damage
7) An extension cord should not be
used unless absolutely necessary.
Use of improper extension cord
could result in a risk of fire and
electric shock. If extension cord
must be used, make sure that:
a. pins on plug of extension cord are
the same number, size and shape
as those of plug on charger.
b. extension cord is properly wired
and in good electrical condition.
c. wire size is large enough for
ampere rating of charger as
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM AWG SIZE OF
EXTENSION CORDS FOR
AC Input Rating.
Equal to or
AWG Size of Cord
Length of Cord, Feet
5 50 100 150
18 18 18 16
- 3 -
8) Do not operate charger with dam-
aged cord or plug — replace them
9) Do not operate charger if it has re-
ceived a sharp blow, been dropped,
or otherwise damaged in any way;
take it to a qualified service agent.
10) Do not disassemble charger; take
it to a qualified service agent when
service or repair is required. Incor-
rect reassembly may result in a risk
of electric shock or fire.
11) To reduce risk of electric shock,
unplug charger from outlet before
attempting any maintenance or
1) The charger and battery pack are
specifically designed to work to-
gether. Do not attempt to charge
any other cordless tool or battery
pack with this charger.
13) Do not attempt to charge the bat-
tery pack with any other charger.
14) Do not attempt to disassemble the
battery charger and the battery
15) Do not store battery pack in loca-
tions where the temperature may
reach or exceed 50°C (1°F)
(such as a metal tool shed, or a car
in the summer), which can lead to
deterioration of the storage battery.
16) Do not charge battery pack when
the temperature is BELOW 0°C
(3°F) or ABOVE 40°C (104°F).
This is very important.
17) Do not incinerate the battery pack.
It can be explode in a fire.
18) Avoid dangerous environment. Do
not use charger in damp or wet lo-
19) The charger is designed to oper-
ate on standard household elec-
trical power only. Charge only on
the voltage indicated on the name-
plate. Do not attempt to use it on
any other voltage!
0) Do not abuse cord. Never carry
charger by cord or yank it to discon-
nect from outlet. Keep cord away
from heat, oil and sharp edges.