any further, make sure the switch on the
router is in the OFF position and the
switch is in the OFF position.
The switch power cord can now be
plugged into the extension cord.
Make sure that
power cords from the router, accessories,
the switch case, and the extension cord
DO NOT and CANNOT come in contact
with the router or any moving parts of
ROUTER AND SWITCH
This section explains operation of the
switch with the power cord plugged into
the extension cord.
The router will turn ON when the toggle
switch is toggled to the ON (RESET)
1. Position the ON/OFF switch on the router
in the ON position. On certain touters this
will require the use of the switch trigger
and "LOCK-ON" button. (Consult router
owner's manual.) Make sure the switch
on the switch case is in the OFF
when doing this.
2. To turn the router ON, lift the switch cover
and toggle the switch to the ON position.
See A on page 20.
3. To turn the router OFF, press the switch
cover. See B on page 20.
NEVER leave the
router unattended while It is running or
before it comes to a complete stop.
NOTE: In the event of an overload, the
internal switch circuit breaker will trip the
switch to the OFF position. This will interrupt
power to the router and any accessory
plugged into the switch itself. If this occurs,
proceed as follows:
1. Unplug the switch cord from the
2. Remove the workpiece from the router
3. Correct the cause of the overload
situation (i.e. the removal of too much
stock or use of too high a feed rate).
4. Plug the switch power cord into the
5. Restart the router as described in the
section ROUTER AND SWITCH
WHEN THE ROUTER TABLE IS
NOT IN USE
1. Toggle the switch to the OFF position.
2. Remove the safety key.
3. Store the safety key in a safe location
where it is not available to children
and other unauthorized
4. Unplug the switch power cord from the
5. Remove the router bit from the router.
6. Position the router collet assembly below
the top of the router table.
NOTE: If the key should become lost or
keys are available
from your local Sears outlet.