'o +Hinge lever
I_ I / hookjl
Lock engaged for door
removal - Figure 1
oven - Figure 2
the Oven Door
The door is heavy. For safe, temporary storage, lay the door flat with the inside of
the door facing down.
TO Remove Oven Door:
1. Open the door to the fully opened position.
2. Pull up the lock located on both hinge supports and engage it in the hinge lever hooks
(Figure 1). You may have to apply a little downward pressure on the door to pull the locks
fully over the hinge lever hooks.
3. Grab the door by the sides and pull the bottom of the door up and toward you to disengage
the hinge supports. Keep pulling the bottom of the door toward you while rotating the top of
the door toward the range to completely disengage the hinge levers (Figure 2).
4. To clean oven door, follow the instructions provided in the General Care & Cleaning table.
To Replace Oven Door:
1. Grab the door by the sides; place the hinge supports in the hinge slots. Open the door to the
fully opened position.
2. Disengage the lock from the hinge lever hooks on both sides (Figure 3).
Note: Make sure the hinge supports are fully engaged before unlocking the hinge levers.
3. Close the oven door.
Door Care Instructions
- Most oven doors contain glass that can break.
Read the following recommendations:
Do not close the oven door until all the oven racks are fully in place.
Do not hit the glass with pots, pans, or any other object.
Lock in normal
hitting, jarring or stressing the glass may weaken its structure causing an
position - Figure 3
increased risk of breakage at a later time.
in order to remove the "hidden bake" cover, pull the back edge with one hand
about 1/2" inch and lift up the "hidden bake" cover with both hands. (See picture)
When reinstalling the "hidden bake" cover, be sure to put it all the way to the
back of the oven and lay it down on the 2 shoulder screws. Then push the front
edge of the cover in its place below the front bracket.
To have easier access to the "hidden bake" cover, you can remove the oven door
by following the instructions on previous page.
Always replace the "hidden bake" cover before the next use.
Be sure the oven is unplugged and all parts are COOL before replacing the oven light bulb. Do not turn the
oven light on during the self-cleaning cycle. High temperature will reduce lamp life.
The interior oven light will turn on automatically when the oven door is opened.
The oven light may be turned on when the door is closed by using the oven light switch located on the control panel.
On a self clean oven the lamp is covered with a glass shield held in place by a wire holder.
THIS GLASS SHIELD MUST BE IN PLACE WHENEVER THE OVEN IS IN USE.
To replace the light bulb:
CAUTION: BE SURE OVEN IS COOL
1. Turn the power off at the main source.
2. Wear a leather-faced glove for protection against possible broken glass.
3. Replace bulb with a 40 watt appliance bulb only.
4. For self-cleaning oven, press wire holder to one side to release glass shield,
change bulb and be sure to replace glass shield.