Solutions to Common Dishwashing Problems
Does Not Drain
• If unit is hooked up to a food waste disposer,
make sure the disposer is empty.
• Check to see if the knockout
plug has been
removed from inside the food waste
• Check to see if drain hose is kinked.
• Make sure cycle is complete,
not in a pause.
Cycle Takes a Long Time
• Is cycle in a water heating delay?
• Has the delay start option been selected?
• Has the sanitize option been selected?
• Is water supply turned on?
• Does overfill protector
move up and down
freely? (See Overfill Protector section.)
Has an Odor
• Soiled dishes left in dishwasher
can create an odor. Use Rinse Only cycle.
• There will be a "new" smell when first
This is normal.
• Check to see if unit is draining properly.
Does Not Drain Properly.)
Spots and Film
Hard water can cause lime deposit buildup on
the interior of the dishwasher.
glasses may also get spots and film for a
number of reasons.
Spotted or Cloudy section.) To remove buildup,
spots and film, clean using the following
1. Load clean dishes and glasses in normal
manner. Do not load any metal utensils or
2. Do not add detergent.
3. Select the NORMAL WASH cycle. Close
and latch door. Press START/CANCEL
4. Allow dishwasher
to run until it starts the
second water fill (approximately
5. Unlatch and open door and pour 2 cups of
white vinegar into the bottom of
6. Close and latch door and allow cycle to
Note: If these conditions
persist, a home water
softener should be considered.
Stains on Tub Interior
• Washing large amounts of dishware
tomato based soil can cause a pink/orange
This will not affect performance
and will gradually fade over time. Pre-
rinsing or using the Rinse Only cycle will
reduce the chance of staining. Using no heat
dry option will lessen staining.