Solutions to Common Dishwash
• Tea and coffee can stain cups. Remove the
stains by hand washing
in a solution
cup (120 ml) bleach and one quart (1 L) of
warm water. Rinse thoroughly.
in water can cause a yellow or
brown film. A special filter installed in the
water supply line will correct this problem.
Spots and Film.)
utensils can leave gray/black
marks when they rub against other items.
Certain high acid foods can cause
steel and plastics
if allowed to sit for a long period. Use the
Rinse & Hold cycle or rinse by hand if not
steel and silver utensils in
basket can cause pitting of the
steel blades. Avoid mixing
steel and silver.
Using too much detergent
in soft or softened
water causes this film that cannot be
• Adjust the amount of detergent
based on the
Lower the water temperature.
Use no heat dry option.
Detergent Left in Cups
may be old. Discard and use
Be sure water action can reach the
Check to see if cycle has been completed.
Make sure items do not prevent the
• Use only fresh detergent
carefully. Try a different brand.
• Spilled rinse aid can cause foam and lead
Wipe up any spills with a
• Check to see that dishwasher
Normal Sounds You Will Hear
• Normal sounds include water fill, water
and motor sounds.
• There is a noticeable
change in sound
when the wash action switches
lower and middle spray arm. This is normal
since each spray arm has its own sound.
It is normal for dishwasher
to pause (no
sound) when the wash action is switching
between the lower and middle spray arms.
Water in Bottom of Tub
• Water left in bottom of tub after cycle is
is not normal. If water remains in
the bottom of the tub, dishwasher
be draining properly. (See Dishwasher
Not Drain Properly.)
Vapor at Vent
• Water vapor escapes from the vent during
the drying part of cycle. This is normal.
• Check to see if circuit breaker is tripped or if
a fuse is blown.
• Make sure water supply is turned on.
• Check to see if cycle is set correctly.
set for delay start option?
Make sure door is closed and latched.