1. Allow en_e
to idle, then squeeze throttle
2. Allow engine to run at ful! speed for about 1
3. Release the throttle trigger to the idle posi-
tion and listen to the deceleration
of the en-
It must return
to idle smoothly
within 1 to 2 seconds.
a. If performance
ceed to step "4."
b. if the engin, e slow.lv or erratically
to idle or Idles
repeat "Idle Speed Adjustment" or con-
tinue thr_agh Low Speed Mixture
High Speed Mixture Adjustments to ob-
tain proper deceleration.
4. Recheck idle speed.
e, LOW SPEED MIXTURE
1. Allow engine to idle.
2. Turn the low speed mixture screw (Figure
25_) slowly cl_oc]Awi'se u ntil the speed starts
to drop. Note this position.
3. Turn the low speed mixture screw counter-
until the speed increases
to drop agmn. Note this posi-
4. set the low speed mixture screw at the mid-
the two positions.
Check" end "Deceleration
f. HIGH SPEED MIXTURE
Do not operate
I ,, ,,I ,I
1. Support the lower end so the trimmer line
is off the ground and will not make contact
with any object.
2. Allow engine to idle, then squeeze throttle
ure 25 ) very slowly clock_me until engine
speed is reduced.
4. Turn high speed _e
Stop when the engine
begins to run roughly.
5. Turn screw slowly the minimum amount
clockwise until the engine runs smoothly.
Check" and "Deceleration Check".
If the engine
does not operate
do not use the unit,
Take it to your Authorized
Low Speed Adjustment
"Nose Cone _'
Replace a starter rope that breaks.
with the clutch
will fly apart
and cause seri- I
Do not remove
tab and screw
out and cause serious
rope, do not use unit.
spark plug wire.
screw from the trigger housing. (refer
to Figure 4 ).
3. Remove the trigger housing from the handlebar.
4. Carefully pu_ wire assembly out of the foam grip.
5. Loosen two "Nose Cone" screws and remove the
tube from the clutch shroud. Figure 26.
6. Remove the four clutch shroud screws with the
small hex wrench provided. Figure 26.
7. Separate clutch shroud from engine.
Use only a hand
tool to remove
in any way.
will fly [
and cause serious
8. Hold the "Flats" of the clutch with an adjustable
Figure 27 (inset).
Remove the nut coun-
with a wrench.
Clutch will slide off the crankshaft intact.
Do not disassemble
9. Remove the cupped washer, clutch, and large fiat
as shown in Figure
p_Lfltey- hous_mg _om eng:me. ,._re