0.065=inch twisted line
Line Feed Mechanism
Power Head Tilt
Adjust Height of Shaft
From 17 to 28 inches
120V, 60Hz AC
Charge Time in Normal Use
Battery Pack Number
CGT244LU-44 retail number 71-28131
CHARGING THE LITHIUM-ION
BATTERY PACK (Fig. 3 and 3a)
The battery pack for this tool has been shipped in a low charge condition to prevent
NOTE: The battery pack will not reach full charge capacity on the first few
charges. The break-in period requires 4 to 5 charging
cycles, where the
battery pack is completely discharged
(no motor sound or tool motion) and
then fully recharged.
During the break-in
period the battery pack needs to
charge 3 or more hours continuously.
The green LED light on the charger
will come on in 3 hours, this is normal. Continue
to leave the battery
for a total of 3 hours or more. After the break-in
period, a full
is indicated on the charger
when the green LED light is lit.
1. Charge battery pack only with the charger that was supplied with this trimmer.
2. Make sure power supply to the charger is normal household voltage, 120 volts,
60 Hz, AC-only.
3. Connect the battery charger to the power supply and the green light will illuminate
showing charger is operating.
4. Slide the battery pack into the charger base to make the connections and the red
light will illuminate to show charging has started. The red light will stay lit until the
battery is fully charged.
CHARGING THE LITHIUM=ION BATTERY PACK cont. (Fig. 3 and 3a)
5. The red light will switch to green, which means the battery is full, and charging is
completed. A discharged battery at normal room temperature will take
approximately 3 hours to reach full charge. When charging is completed, unplug
the charger and remove the batter pack.
6. After normal use, 3 hours charging time is required to fully recharge the battery
pack. If battery pack has not been charged for two or more months or completely
discharged, then it should be charged continuously for 3 or more hours.
NOTE: Within the warranty period, if the charger LED lights do not operate
properly, or the charger does not charge the battery pack, return the
pack to your nearest Sears Store or other Craftsman
outlet for free replacement.
7. The battery pack will become slightly warm to the touch while charging. This is
normal and does not indicate a problem.
8. Do not place the charger in an area of extreme heat or cold. It will work best at
normal room temperature.
9. When battery pack becomes fully charged, unplug battery charger from power
supply and remove the battery pack.
CHARGING A HOT BATTERY PACK
When using your tool continuously, the batteries in your battery pack will become
hot. You should let a hot battery pack cool down for approximately 30 minutes before
attempting to recharge.
NOTE: A hot battery pack only occurs when prolonged continuous
causes the batteries
hot. it does not occur with
use. Within the warranty
period, if the battery
use, return the charger and battery pack to your nearest Sears
store or other Craftsman
outlet for free replacement.