may vary slightly
9. Flavor Scenter Screen
10. Water Reservoir with Fill Marks
11. Heater Element
How to Use
IN THE STEAMING
1. Fill the Water Reservoir with cold tap water to the appropriate
NOTE: For extra flavor, you may add lemon juice,
broth or white wine to the
water in the Reservoir.
Do NOT use beer, red wine, oil, extracts
iuices in the Reservoir
as they may stain.
2. Hold the Drip Tray by the handle and place it into
the Base (Figure A).
3. Place herbs in the Flavor Scenter Screen for added flavor
To prevent small herbs or ground spices from
falling through the Flavor Scenter Screen, rinse or wet the
screen before adding seasonings.
You may use the Drip Tray without
adding herbs to the Flavor
Scenter if you prefer.
Use the Drip Tray whenever
the Rice Bowl is not
used. It prevents fats/juices
into the water
up into the Steaming
If you like, save
these juices for gravy, sauce, or soup starters.
4. Place food in the Steaming Bowl and cover it so that the
Cover handles line up over the Bowl handles and the tabs
fit properly into the openings.
5. Put the Steaming
Bowl onto the Base, plug in and
set the Timer for the desired cooking
time, up to
When the time is up, a bell will
Light will go out, and the unit will auto-
shut off. Some liquid will
Always use pot holders to remove the Cover.
Be sure to lift the Cover away from your face and body to
avoid escaping hot steam.
NOTE: If the desired cooking
time is less than
15 minutes, first turn the Timer past
15 and then turn it back to the desired
6. The Cover can be turned over an(] used as a trivet for the Steaming
(Figure C). Unplug,
remove the Steaming Bowl,
and place on the inverted
7. When cooking
in the Rice Bowl,
add rice, herbs, seasonings,
and water direct-
ly to the Bowl and fill the water
Reservoir to the appropriate
line. Put the
Bowl onto the Base and place the Rice Bowl with contents
Do NOT use the Drip Tray or Flavor Scenter Screen with the Rice Bowl.
8. The Rice Bowl can also be used for cooking
or other foods with
or fish in liquids,
foods like casseroles.
9. Use pot holders, when lifting the Steaming Bowl,
Drip Tray, or Rice Bowl by its
handles after steaming.