1 Locate four (4) 8mm Dia x 20mm long hex head
bolts, eight (8) flat washers, and four (4) hex nuts
among loose parts.
2. install hex head bolts through motor bracket on
--, ,jJ.- /
3. Place motor in position so motor base slots line up
with motor bracket SlOtS. Install flat washers and
hex nuts as illustrated, iDo not tighten)
be as c_oseas possibletocenter
of round opening in belt guard.
8ram DIA. x 20turn LONG BOLT
1. Find the motor pulley in loose parts _3ag.
2, Slide pulley onto motor shaft. Line up the flat sur-
face on the motor shaft with the set screw in pu Iley.
3. Make sure the pulley does not rest on the lower
4. Tighten the set screw using a 3ram Hex"L" wrench.
injury due to accidental
starting always turn drill press off and remove
switch key before making belt adjustments.
t. Place a straight edge such as a piece of wood,
metal, or framing square across the top of pulleys.
2. Move the motor upward untilthe pulleys are in line.
Tighten the motor mount nuts using an adjustable
NOTE: To avoid rattles or other noise, motor frame
must not touch lower belt guard.
3. Release Belt Tension Lock handles located on
each side of Drill Press head by turning them
_oosen Belt Tension handle by turning clockwise.