Ways to Prevent Kickback cont.
5. DO NOT use a dull or damaged blade. Unsharpened or improperly set
blades produce narrow kerr which causes excessive friction, blade
binding and KICKBACK.
6. ALWAYS be sure that the blade depth and adjusting locking levers are
tight and secure BEFORE making a cut. If blade adjustment shifts while
cutting, it may cause binding and KICKBACK.
7. ALWAYS use extra caution when making a "Pocket
Cut" into existing
walls or other blind areas. The protruding blade may cut objects that
can cause KICKBACK.
8. ALWAYS have saw blade at full speed before contacting workpiece.
ALWAYS hold tool by insulated gripping surfaces when performing an
operation where the cutting tool may contact hidden wiring or its own
cord. Contact with a 'live" wire will make the exposed metal parts of the tool
"live" and shock the operator.
RULES FOR SAFE OPERATION
BE SURE to read and understand all instructions.
Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock,
fire and/or serious personal injury.
1. Know your power tool. Read operator's manual carefully. Learn the
applications and limitations, as well as the specific potential hazards
related to this tool. Following this rule will reduce the risk of electric shock,
fire or serious injury.
2. ALWAYS wear safety glasses or eye shields when using this saw.
Everyday eyeglasses have only impact-resistant
lenses; they are
NOT safety glasses. Following this rule will reduce the risk of serious
3. ALWAYS protect your lungs.Wear
a face mask or dust mask if the
operation is dusty. Following this rule will reduce the risk of serious
4. ALWAYS protect your hearing.Wear
hearing protection during
extended periods of operation. Following this rule will reduce the risk
of serious personal injury.
5. ALWAYS inspect the tool cords periodically and if damaged have them
repaired at your nearest Sears Service Center or other Authorized
Service Facility. ALWAYS be aware of the cord location.
Following this rule will reduce the risk of electric shock or fire.