• Do not make any repairs or adjustments on
the machine that are not described in this
• Contact an authorized service center if you
have any questions about the repairs to
• The warranty may be invalidated in case of
improper adjustments made by unautho-
rized persons not employed by authorized
• Place the Stop Switch (10) in the STOP posi-
tion before making any adjustments on the
• always inspect the machine carefully before
• Before starting the machine check the state of
wear and conservation. In case of excessive
wear take the unit to a service center for
• Caution: the blades are sharp and dangerous
even with the engine off. Handle with care and
use suitable protective gloves.
2 CLEANING OF AIR FILTER (At least every 25
hours of use).
• Use a screwdriver to lift and remove the air filter
from its housing (see figure).
• Clean the filter with gasoline.
• Dry the filter with air.
• Reassemble the filter in its housing.
NOTE: Replace the filter if torn or damaged.
H. Routine Maintenance
3 GREASING GEARBOX
(Only for specific models)
• Every 50 hours of operation add grease to the
gearbox for the high speed gears, through the
• Periodically (at least once every 50 hours) disas-
semble and clean the sparkplug and adjust the
spacing between the electrodes (0.5 – 0.6 mm).
• Replace if excessively worn or, in any case,
after 100 hours of use.
• In case of excessive encrustation, check the
carburetor adjustment, the proper percentage
of oil in the fuel mixture and make sure the oil is
high quality two-stroke engine motor oil.
5 FUEL FILTER
• For cleaning or replacement, remove the cap on
the tank and extract the filter using a hook or
• Periodically, at the beginning of the season,
take the machine to your service center for
general maintenance and cleaning of the inter-
• This will reduce the risk of unexpected prob-
lems and will guarantee the long life and good
working order of your machine.
• Important, to avoid overheating the engine,
clean off any dust and dirt from the vents on
the cylindrical cover and fins on the cylinder
using a wooden scraper.
Empty the fuel tank and run the engine
until all the residual fuel is consumed.
ENGLISH - 7