Some DOs and DON'Ts on the safe use of equipment
This equipment has been designed and manufactured to meet international safety
standards but, like any electrical equipment, care must be taken if you are to obtain
the best results and safety is to be assured.
DO read the operating instructions before you attempt to use the equipment.
DO ensure that all electrical connections (including the mains plug, extension leads
and interconnections between the pieces of equipment) are properly made and in
accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Switch off and withdraw the mains
plug before making or changing connections.
DO consult your dealer if you are ever in doubt about the installation, operation or
safety of your equipment.
DO be careful with glass panels or doors on equipment.
DO route the mains lead so that it is not likely to be walked on, crushed, chafed, or
subjected to excessive wear and tear or heat.
DON'T obstruct the ventilation openings of the equipment with items such as
newspapers, tablecloths, curtains, etc. Overheating will cause damage and shorten
the life of the equipment.
DON'T allow electrical equipment to be exposed to dripping or splashing, or objects
DON'T place hot objects or naked ame sources such as lighted candles or
nightlights on, or close to equipment. High temperatures can melt plastic and lead
DON'T use makeshift stands and NEVER
DON'T use equipment such as personal stereos or radios so that you are distracted
DON'T listen to headphones at high volume, as such use can permanently damage
stated that it is designed for unattended operation or has a stand-by mode. Switch
off using the switch on the equipment and make sure that your family know how
DON'T continue to operate the equipment if you are in any doubt about it working
normally, or if it is damaged in any way - switch off, withdraw the mains plug and
consult your dealer.
--- NEVER let anyone especially children push anything into holes, slots or
any other opening in the case - this could result in a fatal electrical shock;
--- NEVER guess or take chances with electrical equipment of any kind
--- it is better to be safe than sorry!