The disk drive is improperly fitted.
– Reseat the disk drive; ensure that the connector pins are fully
The disk drive is not installed.
– Run a self-test to verify the presence of the disk drive (look under
Installed Options: Disk on the self-test page).
The disk drive is defective.
– Replace the disk drive.
The paper size is incorrect.
– Verify that the correct paper-size label (protruding tab) is
installed in the left side of the paper cassette.
The size-sensor arm is damaged.
– Check cassette-size sensor arms for bending or damage.
The DC controller PCA is defective.
– Replace the control panel. If the problem still exists, replace the
4V, 4 Plus, 4
The lower cassette (Tray 3) is selected and the printer has detected
that the paper cassette (Tray 2) is not installed.
– Install or reseat the paper cassette (Tray 2). Tray 2 is the paper
guide for the lower cassette (Tray 3).
The paper cassette is improperly fitted.
72 – Control panel messages