1 The tooling mold for the J11 clip was modified to ensure that the
manufactured part is free of burrs.
2 The manufacturing process of the rollers has been modified with a
new ultrasonic cleaning procedure to eliminate any blooming effects.
The new preconditioned rollers have been tested extensively, with
good results and performance.
3 A new Roller and Clip kit (C3760-67900) has been set up at SMO/
SME. The kit contains a J11 deflector clip, a new preconditioned
roller assembly, and installation guidelines.
1 If the failure occurs, install the new Roller and Clip kit C3760-67900,
using the instructions sheet included in the kit.
2 If you continue to experience a jamming problem from the lower
cassette after performing the service note, consider the following
• Be sure not to install the roller assembly backwards.
• Be sure that paper-size slider is seated properly into the four black
pulleys (bushings). Ensure the pulleys are fully seated in their
• Be sure that the position lock on the paper-size slider is engaged
in the correct hole. (The position lock has a green lever.)
• Be sure that the magnetic sensors that detect paper size are
• Try different media or have the media evaluated. We have seen
numerous issues relating to the customer's media.
• The lower cassette units with serial number DE03695118 and
greater are shipped with the new preconditioned roller assembly.
Technical Tips – 247