6.5" Wide TFT Touch-Panel Display CD / DVD / MS Multi-Source Receiver with HDD Navigation MODEL INSTALLATION MANUAL Be sure to read this installation manual thoroughly before carrying out installation and making connections. If installation methods or non-standard parts that are not specified in this installation manual are used, accidents or injury may result.
Components Components Check that all of the following components are present Check that all of the following components are present Main unit components Main unit x 1 Interconnecting cable Interconnecting cable (video input) (Power and speaker connector) (16P) x 1 (6P) x 1 Hex-head bolt Antenna...
or y our saf ety in using the A VN5495 or y our saf ety in using the A VN5495 Warnings and caution signs, illustrated bellow, are posted throughout this manual as well as on the AVN5495. They show safe and correct ways to handle the product so as to prevent personal injury to you and others and avoid damage to property.
• This unit is intended for operation in DC 12volt, • Do not operate the product in a malfunctioning negative-grounded vehicles only. Never use it in 24- condition, for instance, when the audio does not play. volt vehicles such as heavy trucks or diesel cars with Doing so may result in an accident, fire or electrical cold-region specifications.
Installation Diag Installation Diag GPS antenna (When installing inside the vehicle) GPS antenna (When installing outside the vehicle) Main unit • If installing the GPS antenna inside the vehicle, the location and the slope of the vehicle's windshield will determine the accuracy of the GPS antenna to receive the GPS signal. If this occurs you may want to install the antenna outside of the vehicle.
Names and functions of ter minals Names and functions of ter minals • Never cut the insulation on the power cable or use it to power any other equipment. If the rated current capacity of the power cable is exceeded, fire and electric shocks may result. •...
Wire colors and connection points for connection cables Never connect the power supply to the speaker leads (No.6 and No.7), otherwise it will cause damage to the main unit. Caution B+ (Yellow) Connect where power is constantly available, regardless of the ignition key's position. ACC (Red) Connect where the power comes on when the ignition is in the ACC position.
Main unit connections ACC ON/OFF power supply terminal (blue/white) If you use this terminal to connect equipment such as an external amplifier, you can still hear the audio guidance from the navigation system even when audio is turned off. Connect it to the control terminal for the external amplifier or other equipment.
- Vehicle connections - • You will need to purchase the necessary component adapter cable for the vehicle so that the power supplies can be utilized. (Contact the dealer for further details.) • Be sure to wrap the connection cables with plastic tape to insulate them. - Example of using vehicle adapter cables - Vehicle harness From main unit...
Connecting the v ehicle speed pulse signal, Connecting the v ehicle speed pulse signal, king br e cab le and re erse cab king br e cab le and re erse cab Notes on installation • Check the vehicle speed pulse signal, parking brake signal and reverse signal carefully before making the connections.
- An example for connecting the parking brake signal - Use a splicing connector to connect the parking brake signal cable (red/white) coming from the main unit to the parking brake signal cable of the vehicle. Route the parking brake signal cable to the main unit.
- Using the splicing connector - Insert the connection cable [vehicle speed pulse signal cable (purple/white), parking brake signal cable (red/white) or reverse signal cable (green)] Vehicle speed pulse signal cable (purple/white), parking brake cable from the main unit and the vehicle cable into the (red/white) or reverse cable (green) splicing connector.
System connection e xample System connection e xample • Never cut the insulation on the power cable or use it to power any other equipment. If the rated current capacity of the power cable is exceeded, fire and electric shocks may result. •...
Installing the GPS antenna Installing the GPS antenna Notes on installation • The cables should be bound together with tape or similar so that they do not interfere with driving. If it becomes wound around parts such as the steering wheel, shifting lever or brake pedal, accidents may result.
- Installation inside the vehicle (example) - Choose an installation location on the dashboard which is flat and has a clear view of the sky. Ground plate GPS antenna Select a location that is at least 19.68 in. away from the main unit. If this is not done, the GPS measurement precision will drop.
- Installation outside the vehicle (example) - Choose an installation location where the GPS antenna can be attached securely. GPS antenna Remove the backing paper from the body Body protective sheet (clear) protective sheet and attach the sheet to the vehicle.
Installing the main unit Installing the main unit - Installation angle - Front To maintain proper function, the unit must be mounted less than 30 degrees. If the angle is in excess of 30 degrees, DVD/CD skipping and improper DVD/CD and Memory Stick ejection may occur.
- 18 -...
- 19 -...
“ECLIPSE” is a registered trademark of FUJITSU TEN LIMITED in 48 countries including the U.S. and Japan. 090003-28130700 - 20 - 0503DE (CN)