Using the side cutter (optional)
By using the optional side cutter, overcasting stitching can be sewn while the edge of the fabric is cut off.
sewing gathers or
thin or medium
The values below "Auto" are set when the pattern is selected. The setting can be adjusted to any value within the range
indicated below "Manual". When using the side cutter, adjust the stitch width setting to a value within the range indicated in
the table above.
● Before replacing the presser foot and presser foot holder, be sure to turn off the sewing machine,
otherwise injuries may occur if a button is accidentally pressed and the machine starts sewing.
Remove the presser foot.
• For details, refer to "Replacing the presser
foot" (page 31).
Thread the upper thread.
• For details, refer to "Threading the upper
thread" (page 20).
● The needle threader cannot be used while
the side cutter is installed on the sewing
machine, otherwise damage to the needle
threader may result.
Select a stitch.
• For details, refer to "Selecting a stitch"
Raise the presser foot lever.
Raise the presser foot lever even higher, and
then hook the connecting fork of the side
cutter onto the needle clamp screw.
a Connecting fork
b Needle clamp screw