Replacing the external speaker
1. Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut
down the computer, and turn off all attached devices.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Locate the Speaker. Refer to "Locating connectors on the rear of the
computer" and "Locating connectors on the front of the computer". Your
speaker may be connected to the audio connector
of the computer. Locate the connector for the speaker.
4. Disconnect the defective speaker cable from the computer and connect the
new speaker cable to the same connector.
Completing the installation
After replacing a new part or parts, you will need to close the computer cover
and reconnect all cables, including telephone lines and power cords. In addition,
depending on the part that was replaced, you may also need to confirm the
updated information in the Setup Utility program. Refer to "Starting the Setup
Utility" in the User Guide or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual for further
To complete the part installation:
1. Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools
or loose screws are left inside your computer. Refer to "Locating components
2. Make sure that all cables are routed correctly before replacing the computer
at either the front or rear
Hardware Replacement Guide