Installation and connection
Connection to the drainage
The machine drains via a drain pump
with a delivery head of 1 metre*.
The drain hose must not be kinked as
this restricts drainage. The swivel elbow
at the end of the hose can be turned in
either direction, or can be detached if
required, with a sharp twist and pull.
If required, the drain hose can be
extended to a length of 5 m. The
necessary parts can be purchased
from the Miele Spare Parts Department
or your Miele dealer.
* For a delivery head of more than 1 m
(up to a maximum of 1.8 m) a second
duo-drain pump is available with the
corresponding kit from the Miele Spare
Parts Department or your Miele Dealer.
Drain hose connection:
1. Direct into a sink or basin:
Please note the following
– Hook the hose over the edge and
– Make sure that the water can drain
away freely without hindrance.
Otherwise there is a risk of water
overflowing or of some of the drained
water being sucked back into the
2. Connected securely to a plastic
drain pipe with a rubber nipple.
There is no need to use a non-return
3. Connected securely to a standpipe.
4. Connected securely to a floor gully.