Setting Up the KORG MIDI Driver (Windows)
1. Double-click on the Driver icon in the Control Panel, and select "KORG PC I/F Driver". Then
click on the speciﬁed button to display the setup screen.
2. Under "Serial Port", select the serial port to which the X5DR is connected (COM1 to COM4).
If you wish to use the serial port for another purpose after you have already installed the KORG
MIDI Driver, Remove the Driver or turn the Driver off by selecting "None".
3. When the "Independent Synth/MIDI Out" box is checked, data output to the Synth Out port will
produce sound from the tone generator of the X5DR, while data output to the MIDI Out port of
the X5 will be output as MIDI data from the X5DR.
If the "Independent Synth/MIDI Out" box is not checked, data output to the MIDI Out port will
be sent to both the tone generator of the X5DR and the MIDI Out port.
4. The items listed under "Synth Out Messages" can be used to select messages to be sent to the
X5DR. The items listed under "MIDI Out Messages" can be used to select messages to be output
from the MIDI Out port on the X5DR. If the check mark in the box next to "Independent
Synth/MIDI Out" is erased, the same messages will be sent to the X5DR and output from the
MIDI Out port of the X5DR.
5. When all of the selections have been completed, click on "OK". To cancel the selections without
changing anything, click on "Cancel".
• When playing back MS Extended MIDI data, either mute channels 13–16 on the sequencer or
whatever instrument is being used, or use the MIDI Mapper provided with the Windows MME
program to enter the settings for the Extended MIDI application.