Connect the pedal cord and the AC power
6-1 Insert the pedal cord plug to the pedal connector
from the rear.
6-2 Attach the cord holders to the rear panel as
shown, then clip the cord into the holders.
6-3 Use a vinyl tie to take up any slack in the pedal cord.
6-4 Insert the DC plug of the AC power adaptor into
the DC IN jack.
■ Connecting the pedal cord
Insert the pedal cord securely until the metal part of the
cord plug disappears from view. Otherwise, the pedal
may not function properly.
YDP-162/142 Owner's Manual
Insert the cord all the
way until the metal part
of the plug disappears
Set the adjuster.
Rotate the adjuster until it comes in firm contact with
the floor surface.
Attach the headphone hanger. (YDP-162 only)
Use the included two screws (4 x 10 mm) to attach the
hanger as shown in the illustration.
■ After completing the assembly, please
check the following.
• Are there any parts left over?
Review the assembly procedure and correct any
• Is this instrument clear of doors and other movable
Move the instrument to an appropriate location.
• Does this instrument make a rattling noise when you
Tighten all screws.
• Does the pedal box rattle or give way when you step
on the pedals?
Turn the adjuster so that it is set firmly against the
• Are the pedal and power cords inserted securely into
Check the connection.
• If the main unit creaks or is otherwise unsteady when
you play on the keyboard, refer to the assembly
diagrams and retighten all screws.