DECLARATION OF GUARANTEE TERMS.
Our appliances are produced with the greatest of care. However, a defect may still occur. Our consumer serv
ices department will repair this upon request, either during or after the guarantee period. The service life of
the appliance will not, however, be reduced as a result.
This declaration of guarantee terms is based on European Union Directive 99/44/EC and the provisions of the
Civil Code. The statutory rights that the consumer has under this legislation are not affected by this declara
tion of guarantee terms.
This declaration does not affect the vendor's statutory warranty to the end user. The appliance is guaranteed
within the context of and in adherence with the following terms:
1. In accordance with provisions laid down in paragraphs 2 to 15, we will remedy free of charge any defect that
occurs within 24 months from the date the appliance is delivered to the first end user.
These guarantee terms do not apply in the event of use for professional or equivalent purposes.
2. Performing the guarantee means that the appliance is returned to the condition it was in before the defect oc
curred. Defective parts are replaced or repaired. Parts replaced free of charge become our property.
3. So as to avoid more severe damage, the defect must be brought to our attention immediately.
4. Applying the guarantee is subject to the consumer providing proof of purchase showing the purchase and/or
5. The guarantee will not apply if damage caused to delicate parts, such as glass (vitreous ceramic), synthetic ma
terials and rubber, is the result of inappropriate use.
6. The guarantee cannot be called on for minor faults that do not affect the value or the overall reliability of the
7. The statutory warranty does not apply when defects are caused by:
• a chemical or electrochemical reaction caused by water,
• abnormal environmental conditions in general,
• unsuitable operating conditions,
• contact with harsh substances.
8. The guarantee does not apply to defects due to transport which have occurred outside of our responsibility.
Nor will the guarantee cover those caused by inadequate installation or assembly, lack of maintenance or fail
ure to respect the assembly instructions or directions for use.
9. Defects that result from repairs or measures carried out by people who are not qualified or expert or defects
that result from the addition of non original accessories or spare parts are not covered by the guarantee.
10. Appliances that are easy to transport may be delivered or sent to the consumer services department. Home re
pairs are only anticipated for bulky appliances or built in appliances.
11. If the appliances are built in, built under, fixed or suspended in such a way that removing and replacing them
in the place where they are fitted takes more than half an hour, the costs that result therefrom will be charged
for. Connected damage caused by these removal and replacement operations will be the responsibility of the
12. If, during the guarantee period, repairing the same defect repeatedly is not conclusive, or if the repair costs are
considered disproportionate, in agreement with the consumer, the defective appliance may be replaced with
another appliance of the same value.
In this event, we reserve the right to ask for a financial contribution calculated according to the length of time
it has been used.
13. A repair under guarantee does not mean that the normal guarantee period will be extended nor that a new
guarantee period begins.
14. We give a twelve month guarantee for repairs, limited to the same defect.
15. Except in the event where liability is legally imposed, this declaration of guarantee terms excludes any com
pensation for damage outside the appliance for which the consumer wishes to assert his rights. In the event of
legally admitted liability, compensation will not exceed the purchase price paid for the appliance.
These guarantee terms are only valid for appliances purchased and used in Belgium. For exported appliances,
the user must first make sure that they satisfy the technical conditions (e.g.: voltage, frequency, installation in
structions, type of gas, etc.) for the country concerned and that they can withstand the local climatic and en
vironmental conditions. For appliances purchased abroad, the user must first ensure that they meet the