• Remove the following.
Upper Fairing (see Frame chapter)
Speedometer Cable Upper End
• Remove the meter unit by taking off the mounting nuts.
A. Meter Mounting Nuts
Place the meter or gauge so that the face is up.
meter or gauge is loft upside down or sideways for any
length of t
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM 15-31
A. Pull the bulb.
Meter, Gauge Assembly Note
• Install each lead on the original position shown.
.To remove the wedge-base type bulb, pull the bulb out
of the socket.
A. W/Y Lead
B. BK/Y Lead
C. BR Lead
D. BK Lead
Do not use bulb rated for greater wattage than the
Do not turn the bulb to
damage to the bulb.
.Check the tachometer circuit wiring (see Tachometer
Circuit and Wiring Inspection).
*If all wiring and components other than the tachometer
unit check out good, the unit is suspect. Check the unit
as shown .
• Remove the surge tank (see Fuel System chapter) .
• Remove the BK lead of the ignition coil.
.Turn the ignition switch ON .
• Open or connect the BK lead to the battery positive
terminal using an auxiliary lead.
Then the pointer
• Turn the ignition switch OFF.
*If the pointer does not flick, replace the tachometer unit.