ELECTRICAL SYSTEM 15-21
Starter Motor Assembly Note
• Inspect the
if it is not damaged
• Install the brushes and springs into the end cover
Clamp the brush leads w
clips on the end cover and
OBe careful not to damage the leads and O-rings.
• Be careful not to lose the brush springs.
• Remove the screw and take out the (-)
• Unsolder the (+) terminal and take outthe (+) brushes.
.Pull the armature out from the yoke and install it on the
end cover (brush
• Fit the alignment projection on the yoke into the
notches of the end cover.
A. (-) Brushes
• Measure the length of each
*If any is worn down to the service
carbon brush holder assembly and the terminal bolt
A. Soldered Terminal
Starter Motor Brush Length
Commutator Cleaning and Inspection
.Smooth the commutator surface if necessary with fine
and clean out the grooves as illustrated.