A. Silicone Sealant Applied Area
.Apply silicone sealant to the left inner cover bolt.
1. Left Inner Cover
2. Apply a non-permanent locking agent.
Alternator Rotor Removal
• Place the jack (special tool) under the frame to steady
• Place a suitable container under the alternator cover.
• Remove the alternator cover.
• Wipe oil off the outer circumference of the rotor.
• Hold the alternator rotor steady with the flywheel holder
(special tool), and remove the rotor bolt.
A. Flywheel Holder: 57001 -1 31 3
C. Rotor Bolt
.Threads the rotor puller (special tool) and the rotor
puller (special tool) onto the alternator rotor .
• Holding the rotor puller, turn the rotor puller until the
alternator rotor is forced off the end of the crankshaft.
A. Rotor Puller. 57001 -1216
B. Rotor Puller: 57001 -1277
the rotor is
to remove. turn th
the end of the puller c
with the cap.
e rotor can
cause the magnets to lose their
agn eti sm
Alternator Rotor Installation Notes
.Clean the following portions with an oil-less cleaning
fluid such as trichloroethylene or acetone.
These cleaning fluids are usually highly flammable and
harmful if breathed for prolonged periods. Be sure to
heed the fluid