USING YOUR SEWING MACHINE
Power supply precautions
Be sure to observe the following precautions concerning the power supply.
● Use only regular household electricity for the power source. Using other power sources may result in
fire, electric shock, or damage to the machine.
● Turn off the main power and remove the plug in the following circumstances:
• When you are away from the machine
• After using the machine
• When the power fails during use
• When the machine does not operate correctly due to a bad connection or a disconnection
• During electrical storms
● Do not use extension cords or multi-plug adapters with many other appliances plugged in to them. Fire
or electric shock may result.
● Do not touch the plug with wet hands. Electric shock may result.
● When unplugging the machine, always turn off the main power first. Always grasp the plug to remove it from
the outlet. Pulling on the cord may damage the cord, or lead to fire or electric shock.
● Do not allow the power cord to be cut, damaged, modified, forcefully bent, pulled, twisted, or bundled.
Do not place heavy objects on the cord. Do not subject the cord to heat. These things may damage the
cord and cause fire or electric shock. If the cord or plug is damaged, take the machine to your
authorized dealer for repairs before continuing use.
● Unplug the power cord if the machine is not to be used for a long period of time. Otherwise a fire may
Insert the foot controller plug, located
between the foot controller and the power
supply plug on the cord, into the jack on the
machine. Then, insert the power supply plug
into a wall outlet.
a Foot controller plug
Set the main power switch to "I".
The sewing lamp comes on when the
machine is turned on.