3. Applying grease
< A. Applying grease to the eccentric wheel >
1. Turn off the power switch.
2. Remove the four screws (1), and then remove the top cover (2).
3. Remove the bolt (4) from the eccentric wheel (3).
* Be careful not to drop the bolt (4) when removing it.
4. Loosen the two bolts (5), and slide the grease cover (6) in the direction of the arrow.
* To prevent the bolts (5) from being dropped, do not remove them completely.
5. Wipe away any grease which is remaining inside the
eccentric wheel (3).
6. Insert the grease nozzle into the holes in the eccentric
wheel (3), and apply the grease.
* Insert the grease nozzle into both holes to apply the
grease, in order to make sure that the grease is
applied evenly without missing any parts.
7. Check that enough grease has been applied so that it is
overflowing slightly from the edges.
8. Return the grease cover (6) to its original position, and
then secure it by tightening the bolt (4) and the two bolts
Securely tighten the bolt (4) and the two bolts (5). If any of
these bolts are loose, grease may leak out and problems
with sewing machine operation such as seizing may