When sewing with the wing needle, the needle holes
are enlarged, creating a lace-like decorative stitch.
This is used to decorate hems and tablecloths on thin
or medium weight fabrics in addition to plain weave
● The needle threader cannot be used with the
wing needle, otherwise the sewing machine
may be damaged. Manually pass the thread
through the eye of the needle from the front
to the back. For details, refer to "Upper
threading" (page 17).
Insert the wing needle.
• Use a 130/705H 100/16 wing needle.
• For details on inserting a needle, refer to
"Replacing the needle" (page 22).
Attach monogramming foot "N".
● Select a stitch width of 6.0 mm (15/64 inch)
or less, otherwise the needle may bend or
● After adjusting the stitch width, slowly turn
the handwheel toward you
(counterclockwise) and check that the needle
does not touch the presser foot. If the needle
hits the presser foot, the needle may bend or