5 Updating Firmware
When you use this kit to upgrade your NetServer LH 3000/3000r to an
LH 6000/6000r, you must perform the following steps:
Update system firmware.
Run the Setup utility.
Run the HP DiagTools utility.
Reinstall your NOS.
Update System Firmware
After upgrading the NetServer's hardware, you must update your firmware using
the HP NetServer Navigator CD-ROM shipped with this upgrade kit.
To update your NetServer's firmware:
1. Insert the HP NetServer Navigator CD-ROM that came with this upgrade
2. Turn on power to your NetServer. After the NetServer starts, you will see a
message similar to the following:
"Note: The version of BIOS on the NetServer Navigator CD-ROM is
newer than the BIOS detected on your NetServer. It is recommended
that you run Configuration Assistant to update your server's BIOS
and system configuration."
3. From the Navigator main menu, select NetServer Utilities.
4. Select the More NetServer Utilities option.
5. Select the BIOS Update utility.
6. Select the Execute option. The BIOS update procedure executes. This
process takes up to 20 minutes.
7. When the BIOS update is complete, the NetServer will restart.
Versions of the HP NetServer Navigator CD-ROM other than
the one that shipped with the new processor modules may not
contain the appropriate firmware. Therefore, use only the HP
NetServer Navigator CD-ROM that shipped with the new
processor modules, or a later version for this model NetServer.