Check the System Event Log
Be sure to check the system event log before you disassemble the LXr 8000.
This is not the Windows NT Event Log.
1. Close all applications, log off all users, and shut down the operating
2. Find the new HP NetServer Navigator CD-ROM shipped with this upgrade
kit and insert it into the CD-ROM drive.
3. Turn on power to the NetServer.
4. From the Navigator Main Menu, select "NetServer Utilities" then "More
5. View the Event Log Report Utility from the "More NetServer Utilities"
option. If there are problems with the system, troubleshoot these before
continuing with the upgrade. You might want to save the Event Log file
before you proceed. Refer to the HP NetServer LXr 8000 Installation
Guide and the HP NetServer Online Documentation CD-ROM.
6. Exit from the Navigator and shut down the NetServer.
Set Up Your Work Area
As you work, you need to separate components into two groups:
Some components removed from the LXr 8000 will be reused in the
LXr 8500. You will need a large table with several anti-static mats on
which you can place the components to be reused.
Some components will not be reused. You will need a second table to hold
We recommend that the tables are close to the NetServer you
are upgrading to minimize electro-static discharge exposure as
you remove and insert components.
As you disassemble the LXr 8000, you will be told where to place each
Preparing for the Upgrade