7. Secure the hard disk drive bay to the chassis with the remaining screw.
8. Install the computer cover back into position.
Replacing the keyboard
Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repairs before reading
the "Important safety information" in the Safety and Warranty Guide that was
included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM)
for the computer. To obtain copies of the Safety and Warranty Guide or
HMM, go to the Support Web site at: http://consumersupport.lenovo.com
To replace the keyboard:
1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut down
the operating system, and turn off the computer and all attached devices.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Locate the connector for the keyboard. Refer to "Left and right view" and "Rear
Note: Your keyboard may be connected to the standard keyboard connector
at the rear of the computer, or to a USB connector
the rear of the computer.
4. Disconnect the defective keyboard cable from the computer and connect the
new keyboard cable to the same connector.
at either side or at
Hardware Replacement Guide