Troubleshooting Software Problems
Problem: You are unable to exit a running program normally.
Troubleshooting and problem resolution:
1. Open the Task Manager window by pressing Ctrl, Alt and Delete at the same
2. Select the problem program, then click the End Task button.
Problem: You need to install or uninstall a program.
During installation never abort the install process by powering the system off or
through other drastic means. This can cause system program problems or even
failure during system initialization.
During the uninstall process, never directly delete the files or folders. This is
harmful to the operating system, and might cause a system-wide malfunction.
Use the following procedure to properly uninstall programs:
1. Back up all documents and system settings related to the program before
2. If the program has its own uninstaller, run it directly to uninstall the program.
3. If the program does not have its own uninstaller, then select Apps → Control
Panel from the Search charm.
4. From the Control Panel, choose Programs → Programs and Features.
5. Find the applicable program from the Programs and Features dialog box and
then select Uninstall/Change.
6. Perform the instructions displayed to uninstall the software.