Downloading Images (ZoomBrowser EX)
❍ Observe following precautions when the camcorder's card access
indicator is flashing (the camcorder is reading or writing from or to the
memory card). Failure to do so may cause memory card data to
• Do not open the memory card cover, remove the memory card or
detach the USB cable.
• Do not turn off the camcorder or the computer.
• Do not change the position of the POWER switch or the TAPE/
❍ Images recorded onto the memory card or downloaded to the hard
disk are important original data files. Create a copy of the file first
before working on it on your computer.
Refer to Downloading MPEG-4 Movies to a Computer (
❍ For Windows XP Users:
• Do not rotate the image in the [Windows Picture and Fax Viewer]
or in the explorer view. The file format of the original image will be
changed and the image can no longer be displayed in
ZoomBrowser EX or on the camcorder.
• A movie file exceeding 210 MB cannot be downloaded.
• If the Server Busy window appears when you connect the
camcorder to the computer, click [Retry].
❍ You cannot connect the camcorder to a computer if the memory card
contains more than 1800 images. For best performance, we
recommend keeping the number of images on the memory card below
100 when downloading images to the computer.
❍ For instructions on how to connect a PC card reader/writer, see Using a
PC Card Reader/Writer (
camcorders can be downloaded with the same procedure as still
images. Motion JPEG movies are displayed with a movie icon above
the thumbnail in the Camera Window.
MPEG-4 movies cannot be downloaded with this procedure.
Motion JPEG movies recorded with other Canon