Changing the source
• If you change the source, playback also stops
(without ejecting the disc).
Next time you select "DISC" for the playback source,
disc play starts from where it has been stopped
• Connecting a USB device automatically changes the
source to "USB".
• While playing from a USB device, the playback order
may differ from the one from other players.
• This unit may be unable to play back some USB
devices or some files due to their characteristics or
• Depending on the shape of the USB devices and
connection ports, some USB devices may not be
attached properly or the connection might be loose.
• When connecting a USB mass storage class device,
refer also to its instructions.
• Connect one USB mass storage class device to the unit
at a time. Do not use a USB hub.
• This unit is compatible with the USB Full-Speed.
• If the connected USB device does not have the correct
files, "No File" appears.
• This unit can play back MP3 files recorded in VBR
(variable bit rate).
• The maximum number of characters for folder and
file names is 25 characters; 128 characters for MP3/
WAV and 64 characters for WMA Tag information.
• This unit can recognize a total of 5 000 files and 250
folders (999 files per folder).
• The unit cannot recognize a USB mass storage class
device whose rating is other than 5 V and exceeds
• USB devices equipped with special functions such as
data security functions cannot be used with the unit.
• Do not use a USB device with 2 or more partitions.
• This unit may not recognized a USB device connected
through a USB card reader.
44 | KDV-5241U
• This unit may not play back files in a USB device
properly when using a USB extension cord.
• This unit cannot assure proper functions or supply
power to all types of USB devices.
• For MPEG1/2 files: The maximum bit rate for video
signals (average) is 2 Mbps.