What might appear to be a malfunction in your unit may just be the result of slight misoperation or
miswiring. Before calling service, first check the following table for possible problems.
(No sound from one side.)
The output level is too
small (or too large).
The sound quality is bad.
(The sound is distorted.)
• Input (or output) cables are
• Protection circuit may be activated.
• Volume is too high.
• The speaker cord is shorted.
• The input sensitivity adjusting
control is not set to the correct
• The speakers wire are connected
with wrong + /-polarity.
• A speaker wire is pinched by a screw
in the car body.
• The switches may be set improperly.
• Connect the input (or output)
• Check connections by referring to
• Replace the fuse and use lower
• After check the speaker cord and
fixing the cause of the short, replace
• Adjust the control correctly referring
• Connect them properly checking the
+ / - of the terminals and wires
• Connect the speaker wire again so
that it is not pinched by anything.
• Set switches properly by referring to