Enjoying through External Equipment
Connecting a VCR controller
Connect the supplied VCR controller to the Media
Receiver. This allows you to preset digital TV programs
for recording, using the Electronic Program Guide.
When the specified time comes, the system in the
standby mode is automatically switched on and the
specified TV program is recorded using the connected
VCR or DVD recorder.
Media Receiver (rear view)
A ANTENNA/CABLE B
Use the following procedure to set the manufacture of
the recording equipment:
Press HOME MENU.
to select "DTV Setup", and then press
to select "VCR Control", and then press
to select the manufacture of the
recording equipment, and then press ENTER.
• The screen for recording test appears.
Position the light
emitting section on the
VCR controller cable so
that it faces the VCR.
Remote control sensor
• Make sure to leave the VCR power on when preset-
ting TV programs for recording with the VCR control-
• Be sure to firmly connect the VCR controller to the
VCR control terminal on the rear of the Media
Receiver. If you have mistakenly connected it to the
CONTROL IN or CONTROL OUT terminal, remote
control or other operations may be disabled.
(Once you have positioned the VCR controller,
secure with the tape provided.)
VCR or DVD recorder
Check that the power to the recording equipment
is on, and insert tape into the slot.
• Insert tape you think it all right to erase its
contents. The contents will be erased because
Rec and Stop codes are output in the test.
• Check that the light emitting section on the VCR
controller cable faces the recording equipment.
Press ENTER to execute recording test.
• If the recording equipment fails to start and stop
recording, check and change the specified
recording equipment manufacture.
to select "YES", and then press
Press HOME MENU to exit the menu.
• Even if you correctly specify the manufacture of the
recording equipment, control of some models may be
• Perform the recording test when the recording
equipment is not in recording standby or is not
• The recording test takes approximately 10 seconds.
• The PIONEER 1 (DVD recorder) has been set as the
7/24/03, 2:00 PM