About the water softener system.
Service: Manually Initiated Electronics Diagnostics
1. To enter diagnostics, press and hold
the MODE button for 3 seconds until
the Low Salt Alarm screen shows.
2. Press the MODE button 2 times
to advance through Low Salt Alarm
and Salt Efficiency options. See
Programming the Control for
details on these two options.
3. OPERATION OF DIAGNOSTICS
• Valve Position – Press the RECHARGE
a recharge cycle. Press again to manually index valve to
next position. See Service: Manually Advance Recharge
Check for details.
0 – Service
1 – Fill
2 – Brine
3 – Backwash
4 – Fast Rinse
• Motor Operation – Two dashes will circulate around
when motor should be running.
• Position Switch Operation –
– Closed – valve rotating to next position
– Open – valve in position, service, fill, brine, etc.
• Water Meter – Indicates whether water is flowing
– 000 indicates no water is flowing through the valve
– Open nearby soft water faucet
– 000 to 141 (continual) shows water is flowing. Display
repeats for each gallon of water passing through the
meter. Control will beep at every gallon.
button to initiate
– If there is no reading in the display, with faucet open,
check the sensor. Pull the sensor from the valve outlet
port, and pass a small magnet in front of the sensor.
Counter should index in the display. If counter does
not index, check to make sure harness is connected
to board properly. If there is a reading in the display,
there may be a problem associated with the turbine.
Turn off water supply, close the bypass valve and
disconnect bypass valve from body. Check turbine
for binding or restriction due to debris. If this does
not correct the problem, the Timer, Sensor or Turbine
may require replacement.
4. Historical data about the softener is available.
• Press and hold the UP
of days this control has had electrical power applied.
• Press and hold the DOWN
number of recharges initiated by this control since the
model code number was entered.
5. Press the MODE button to return to normal operation
Service: Set Model (F or H) Code
1. To change or check model code, first press and hold the
MODE button for 3 seconds until the Low Salt Alarm screen
2. Press and hold the MODE button again
for 3 seconds. A display with
the top will appear.
3. Press the UP
select the correct model code.
F31–GXSF31E, F35–GXSF35E, F40–GXSF40H
4. Press the MODE button one time to return to normal
operation and display. If the model code was changed:
• the display will go blank momentarily, then display the
model code entered.
• the display will then return to the set present time display,
and the blue indicator light will flash. The control will have
to be reprogrammed. See Programming the Control.
NOTE: If the control is left in any of the above diagnostic
displays, or a flashing display when setting time, hardness,
etc., it will revert back to the normal display in 4 minutes.
button to display the number
button to display the