h. Confirm the settings in Edit configuration, and then click OK.
5. Click Finish.
Printing From the Application Program
When you have finished setting up the queue you can print jobs from the application program. Start the print job from the
application program, and then specify the queue in the print dialog box.
However, sometimes you can only print from the default queue depending on the application program (for example
Mozilla). In these cases, before you start printing, set queue you want to print to as the default queue. For information on
specifying the default queue, see
Setting the Default Queue
1. To activate the Printer setup: Autodetected printers, do the following.
a. Select Computer® More Applications... and select YaST on the Application Browser.
b. Type the administrator's password.
YaST Control Center is activated.
c. Select Hardware on the YaST Control Center and select Printer.
2. Select the printer you want to set to default on the Printer Configuration, and select Set default as Other.
3. Click Finish.
Specifying the Printing Options
You can specify the printing options such as color mode or double-sided printing.
1. Open a Web Browser.
2. Type http://localhost:631/admin in Location, and then press the <Enter> key.
3. Type root as the user name, and type the administrator's password.
The CUPS window appears.
Set the password for authority as the printer administrator before setting the printer queue. If you
have not set it, go to
4. Click Manage Printers.
5. Specify the required settings, and then click Continue.
The message Printer xxx has been configured successfully. appears.
The setting is complete. Execute printing from the application program.
Setting the Password for Authority as the Printer Administrator
You must set the password for authority as the printer administrator to do operations as the printer administrator.
1. Select Computer® More Applications... and select Konsole on the Application Browser.
"Setting the Default
"Setting the Password for Authority as the Printer